A few simple tips will make your Montana experience an incredible one
We love planning a trip, and to ensure that your fly fishing vacation to Montana is as enjoyable as possible, we offer a few pointers you make your planning as easy as possible; please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is a topic we haven’t covered that you have additional questions about.
If you do want to travel with or ship your own fly fishing gear to us, we recommend the following pieces:
- A medium to fast action 5 or 6 weight rod
- Breathable stocking foot or boot foot waders with non-studded wading boots
- Weight forward floating line matched to your rod
In addition to a fly rod, reel, waders, and boots, we also recommend:
- Neoprene socks (warm weather trips)
- Wading sandals (warm weather trips)
- Polarized sunglasses
- Prescription glasses
- A brimmed hat for sun protection during warmer weather & a cold weather hat during spring/fall
- Under wader wear such as fleece, long underwear, or Capilene; warm socks; and gloves/mittens with removable finger coverage for cooler weather fishing
- Outwear which can be layered (warm shirt, vest, lightweight jacket, heavier coat)
- Rain gear (we do have rain jackets available to loan out)
- Sunscreen, bug spray, and lip balm (we have complimentary sunscreen and bug spray if you don’t want to pack it)
- Lightweight, breathable, quick drying clothing (warm weather trips)
- Any medication you may need (RXs, ibuprofen, allergy/antihistamine meds, antacids)
- A reusable water bottle (if you have one you prefer). We supply complimentary metal bottles that you may utlize as well.
Fly Fishing Gear Available
When you come on your Montana fishing vacation, you won’t need to go out and buy thousands of dollars worth of equipment. Your guided trip includes all of the necessary flies and terminal tackle from your leader on, rod, reel, waders, and boots.